Amazon Deals

Follow by Email


Your Ad Here

The United States of America is a constitutional federal republic consisting fifty states and a federal district, as well as several territories, spread over the Caribbean and Pacific. The country is situated in central North America and lie between the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans, bordered by Canada to the north and Mexico to the south. The state of Alaska is in the northwest , with Canada to its east and Russia to the west across the Bering Strait, and the state of Hawaii is an archipelago in the mid-Pacific.

The USA offers some tremendous opportunities for immigrants but also has one of the most complicated systems of Immigration in the world.
H-1B Visa

The US Government introduced the H1B visa to give the opportunity to highly skilled International Professionals and International Students to live and work in the USA.
The H1B is the most popular and sought after US work visa and US Immigration requires 'every' foreign national to obtain a visa in order to legally work in America.
One of the main advantages of the H1B visa is that it is a 'dual intent' visa which means that you can apply for a Green Card (Legal Permanent Residency).

The Process to obtain an H1B Visa is:

Step 1 - you must 'first' find an H1B Job with a US Employer (known as your "sponsor")

Step 2 - your Employer will file your H1B Visa Application with the US Immigration Bureau , individuals can NOT sponsor or apply for their own H1B visa. Only an Employer can.

To Qualify for the H1B Visa Program, you must work in a 'specialty occupation':
The core Specialty Occupations include:
IT, Computing, Finance, Accounting, Banking, Marketing, Advertising, PR, Sales, Recruiting, Engineering (all types), Teaching, HealthCare/Medical, Legal, Lawyers, Networking, Telecoms, Business, Management .
An H1B visa is typically valid for up to six (6) years and entitles your spouse (husband/wife) and children (under 21) to accompany you and live in the USA on an H4 visa. The H4 dependent visa does not allow your spouse/children to work (unless they get their own H1B visa).

Generally, the H-1B visa is designed to enable US employers hire foreign workers in specialty occupations on a temporary basis. A specialty occupation is one that requires
(a) the theoretical and practical application of a body of highly specialized knowledge and
(b) the attainment of a bachelor or higher degree in the specific specialty (or its equivalent) as a minimum for entry into the occupation in the US.
The H-1B quota for standard cap cases has been exhausted for the Fiscal year 2008-09. The earliest a new application can be filed is April 1, 2009 . This does not affect H-1B transfers or advanced degree H-1B or then exempt H-1B cases.
If you are interested to apply for H1b Visa and looking for a sponsorer contact us at

How to Obtain an H-1B Visa ?

Each H-1B case must be well documented with supporting evidence proving that all legal requirements are met.

The employer's first step is to obtain an approved Labor Condition Application, which describes the position and the salary and also contains various attestations by the US employer.

The employer then files a petition with the Citizenship and Immigration Services at one of the four regional Service Centers.

Once this is approved, the next step is normally for the candidate to obtain an H-1B visa from the applicable US Consulate or Embassy.

Dependents of the H-1B holder (spouses and children) may obtain H-4 visas that will allow them to stay in the US with the H-1B visa holder.

There are some eligibility criteria for applying for H1B Visa
You must have ONE of the following:

1) A bachelor's degree or higher degree (or foreign equivalent) in the specialty field, OR
2) At least 12 years progressive work experience in their specialty field, OR
3) A license to practice in the chosen occupation (if such a license is required to practice), OR
4) A mix of further education (e.g Diploma) and work experience to total 12 years.
** typically 1 year of Higher Education (at a University/College) Equals 3 years work experience.


You also need to work in what is termed as a 'Specialty Occupation':

Occupations In Architecture, Engineering, And Surveying
Architectural Occupations,
Aeronautical Engineering Occupations,
Electrical/ Electronics Engineering Occupations,
Civil Engineering Occupations,
Ceramic Engineering Occupations,
Mechanical Engineering Occupations,
Chemical Engineering Occupations,
Mining And Petroleum Engineering Occupations,
Metallurgy And Metallurgical Engineering Occupations,
Industrial Engineering Occupations,
Agricultural Engineering Occupations,
Marine Engineering Occupations,
Nuclear Engineering Occupations,
Surveying/ Cartographic Occupations, Other Occupations In Architecture, Engineering, And Surveying.

Occupations In Mathematics And Physical Sciences
Occupations In Mathematics,
Occupations In Astronomy,
Occupations In Chemistry,
Occupations In Physics,
Occupations In Geology,
Occupations In Meteorology,
Other Occupations In Mathematics And Physical Sciences

Computer Science & IT, and Telecom Occupations
Occupations In Systems Analysis And Programming,
Occupations In Data Communications And Networks,
Occupations In Computer System User Support,
Occupations In Computer System Technical Support,
Other Computer-Related Occupations
Occupations In Life Sciences
Occupations In Agricultural Sciences,
Occupations In Biological Sciences,
Occupations In Psychology,
Other Occupations In Life Sciences

Occupations In Medicine And Health
Physicians And Surgeons,
Registered Nurses,
Occupations In Medical And Dental Technology,
Other Occupations In Medicine And Health

Occupations In Education & Research
Occupations In College And University Education,
Occupations In Secondary School Education,
Occupations In Preschool, Primary School, And Kindergarten Education,
Occupations In Education Of Persons With Disabilities, Home Economists And Farm Advisers,
Occupations In Vocational Education,
Other Occupations In Education

Occupations in Writing and Languages
Editors: Publication, Broadcast, And Script,
Other Occupations In Writing

Occupations in Finance and Administrative Specializations
Accountants, Auditors, And Related Occupations,
Budget And Management Systems Analysis Occupations,
Purchasing Management Occupations,
Sales And Distribution Management Occupations,
Advertising Management Occupations,
Public Relations Management Occupations,
Personnel Administration Occupations,
Inspectors And Investigators, Managerial And Public Service,
Other Administrative Occupations

Occupations in Business Management & Administration
Agriculture, Forestry And Fishing Industry Managers And Officials,
Mining Industry Managers And Officials,
Construction Industry Managers And Officials,
Manufacturing Industry Managers And Officials,
Transportation, Communication, And Utilities Industry Managers And Officials,
Wholesale And Retail Trade Managers And Officials,
Finance, Insurance, And Real Estate Managers And Officials
Service Industry Managers And Officials,
Public Administration Managers And Officials,
Miscellaneous Managers And Officials

OTHER Specialty Occupations as listed below
Occupations In Economics,
Occupations In Political Science,
Occupations In History,
Occupations In Sociology,
Occupations In Anthropology,
Other Occupations In Social Sciences,
Museum Curators And Related Occupations,
Other Occupations In Museum, Library, And Archival Sciences,
Other Occupations In Law And Jurisprudence,
Other Occupations In Religion And Theology,
Commercial Artists: Designers And Illustrators, Graphic Arts,
Environmental, Product, And Related Designers,
Other Occupations In Art,
Occupations In Music,
Other Occupations In Entertainment And Recreation,
Occupations In Social And Welfare Work,
Miscellaneous Professional, Technical, And Managerial Occupations, Sales Promotion Occupations,
Fashion Models

No comments: